Ariana Grande resumes world tour after Manchester attacks

Singer Ariana Grande has performed the first concert of her tour just over two weeks after 22 people were killed in a terrorist attack at her gig at Manchester Arena. The star took to Instagram to share her thoughts about returning to the stage following a hiatus from the stage after the attack. She said ‘First show back tonight. Thinking of our angels every step of the way. I love you with all my heart.’ Adding ‘Grateful for and incredibly proud of my band, dancers and the entire crew. I love you I love you.’

Security was reported to be incredibly tight at the concert in Paris with attendees posting pictures of their bags being searched online. The concert marked the relaunch of Grande’s tour, though she did perform at a charity concert in Manchester last Sunday which was organised to raise money for the victims of the attack.

Despite being relatively unknown in the UK with people over the age of 25 over 14 million people tuned in to watch her charity concert which was the biggest TV event of the year so far in the United Kingdom. It is thought that her efforts have raised over $12 million for Red Cross’s Manchester Emergency Fund. Speaking at the emergency concert Ariana’s manager said ‘Hatred will never win, fear will never divide us because on this day we all stood with Manchester.’ The singer is set to play further Europen dates later this month before heading off on the South American leg of her tour.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*